Posted 4:10 PM 8/2/2012 : Smart Choices: Fun Packable Lunches for Back to School
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson at 4 p.m., our nutrition contributor, Hana Feeney, stopped by with some fun packable lunches for your kids. Here's what she had to say:
It's Back to School time! Pack your child, and yourself, a healthy lunch that is tasty and exciting. PB and J is a basic-to-basic standard lunch that you can make fun, interesting and well-balanced.
Mixed up PB and J
• Always 100% whole grain bread.
• Natural nut butter of any variety; make sure it is natural without added sugar or oils
• Fruit spread rather than jelly; honey is also an option, but is added sugar so drizzle honey carefully.
• Don't forget a piece of fruit and some veggies.
• Sliced fruit on the sandwich is a fun twist!
• For little ones cut the sandwich with a cookie cutter.
Don't Forget An Afternoon Snack
• String cheese and baby carrots
• Fruit and peanut butter packet
• Fruit and nut bar or trail mix
For more ideas on Mix-and-Match Lunchables, see my website www.nourishingresults.com for Lunchables Kits.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More