Posted 3:53 PM 5/10/2012 : Make Me Over: The Mommy Makeover
TUCSON - Mother's Day is around the corner, and many people are thinking about the perfect gifts to give the mothers in their life. But what is the ultimate gift can a mom give to herself? How a Mommy Makeover? Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take their toll on a woman's body.
There are procedures designed to help remedy the physical effects of child-bearing. Today on News 4 Tucson at 4 p.m., Dr. Gwen Maxwell stopped by to discuss what exactly a "Mommy Makeover" is and who is a candidate.
Here's what she had to say:
What is a Mommy Makeover?
• On average a woman gains 25-35 pounds during pregnancy. As a result, the skin and muscles of the abdomen stretch. The breasts also change in shape and volume. Later, as a woman loses the baby weight, she may also loose breast tissue but keep fatty deposits of the abdomen and thighs.
• The Mommy Makeover is a customized blend of procedures to restore the breasts and body after child-bearing. Typically an abdominoplasty is combined with a breast lift, breast augmentation, liposuction, or in some cases a breast reduction.
• Each mommy makeover is different and based on the needs/wants of each woman.
A Woman is a Candidate for a Mommy makeover when she is:
• Finished having children
• Not breastfeeding for at least 6 months
• At a stable weight
• Any age
• Ready to take time to nurture herself and take it easy while she recovers
• 2 weeks off work
• Lifting and activity restrictions 3-4 weeks
• There will be scars that will remain permanently
Price Range of the Mommy Makeover Procedure in the Tucson Area:
$10,000 to $16,000
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More