Posted 4:02 PM 2/6/2013 : Hawaiian style fried rice
I just love this Hawaiian-style Fried Rice
recipe and think your entire family will as well.
Hawaiian-style Fried Rice
Starred items listed below need to be cooked ahead of time.
½ cup of diced onions
1 tablespoon of butter
2 oz of Chinese sausage (cut into squares)
(stores where you can purchase Asian ingredients are listed at www.lotusgarden.com/recipes.html)
* 6 oz of cooked and peeled shrimp or pork
2 oz of peas
2 oz of carrots (diced to pea size)
¼ cup of fresh pineapple (cut into 3/8" cubes)
3 oz of bean sprouts
* 4 cups of cooked long grain white rice (cold, no rice balls)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
½ teaspoon of white pepper
½ tablespoon of oyster sauce
4 oz of green onion cut into ½-inch pieces
* 4 eggs, fried or hard-boiled
1. Sauté the onions with ½ tablespoon of butter and let them cook down.
2. Add sausage, shrimp, peas, carrots, and bean sprouts.
3. Cook together for about 1-2 minutes, then take out of pan and set aside.
4. In a pan add ½ tablespoon of butter. Heat until melted and add the cold rice (make sure the rice is not clumped together when you place it in the pan).
5. Once heated to a temperature of 165° F., add back the ingredients and sauté again until the rice is heated to 165° F.
6. Add the soy sauce, white pepper and oyster sauce.
7. Taste and add season as needed.
8. Finish by adding the cut green onion and pineapple.
9. Top the fried rice with 4 fried eggs (over-easy).
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More