Posted 7:50 AM 3/8/2013 : What to expect with today's Winter storm
TUCSON - Here is a Winter storm timeline over the next 24 hours, according to News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish. Click the video for Jeff's True View 4 extended forecast.
- Widespread showers and a few thunderstorms by lunchtime.
- Snow level above 7,000 feet.
- Gusty SW winds up to 35 MPH.
- Winter Storm Warning from noon until 4 PM tomorrow for Mt. Graham & the White Mts. 12”+ snow possible there.
- Winter Weather Advisory from noon until 4 PM tomorrow for Mt. Lemmon. 6-12” snow possible.
- Widespread showers continue. Snow level down to 3,500 feet after midnight.
- Winter Weather Advisory for areas above 4,500 feet from 11 PM until 4 PM tomorrow.
- Dusting-1” snow: Sierra Vista, Tombstone, SaddleBrooke.
- 1-3” snow: Oracle, Bisbee, Sonoita.
- 3-6" snow: Portal, Madera Canyon.
- Showers/low elevation snow tapers off after sunrise.
- Valley rainfall amounts between 0.25-0.50".
- Temps in the upper 30’s/low 40’s metro-wide by morning. Highs only reach the mid 50’s.
- Few snow showers lingering in mountains during afternoon.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories