Posted 12:40 PM 4/30/2012 : News 4 Cooks: Pinnacle Peak's Red Salsa
TUCSON - Today on "News 4 Cooks" at noon, Executive Chef Paul Wells from Trail Dust Town stopped by to make the Red Salsa used at the Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. Here's the recipe:
Pinnacle Peak Red Salsa
3 cups Peeled and small-diced tomatoes
1 ¼ cup Anaheim chili roasted and small-diced
1 ½ tea dark chili powder
2 tea garlic salt
¼ tea black pepper
3/4 cup cilantro
1 ¼ cup green onion
1/3 cup water or tomato juice
1 ¼ tea garlic powder
Juice of two limes
1. To peel the tomatoes, I like to toss the tomatoes with a little oil and char the skins on a very hot grill. I then place the tomatoes in a ziplock bag and place them in the refrigerator.
2. After about twenty minutes I take the tomatoes out of the bag and save the juice that is in the bottom of the bag in a bowl. The skins should peel right off of the tomatoes.
3. I then small dice the tomatoes to get the 3 cups needed for the recipe and place it in the bowl with the tomato juice from the bag.
4. I do the same process for the fresh Anaheim chilies and remove the seeds and stems. If you want the salsa spicier then keep in some of the seeds. Then small dice the chilies and place it in the bowl with the tomatoes.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
6. Allow the salsa to rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours to allow the flavors to mix together well.
7. If you do not want to go through the long process of peeling the tomatoes and chilies, you can use a canned petit diced tomato and already roasted or canned green chilies. Omit the lime juice if you go this rout.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More