Posted 4:52 PM 10/15/2013 : Fire destroys eastside Tucson home
TUCSON - A family of three were displaced after a fire burned their eastside home Tuesday.
Tucson Fire crews responded to the home in the 1900 block of South Placita Avenue after 9 a.m.
Heavy smoke and fire were seen coming from the house. Two lines were ran to put out the flame, Tucson Fire spokesman Cpt. Barret Baker said.
Eleven units and 31 firefighers got the flames under control un 25 minutes, Baker said.
The fire was caused by a malfunctioning extension cord. No injuries were reported.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More