Posted 5:29 AM 7/2/2012 : Cone Zone 7/2: Modern Streetcar closures
MODERN STREETCAR CLOSURES
• During the week of July 2, the contractor will continue overnight utility work at the intersection of Church Avenue and Congress Street.
• On Sunday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 3, and Thursday, July 5, the contractor will work from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
• North and Southbound traffic will not be permitted through the intersection. Detour signs will be in place to direct motorists around the work area.
• Right turns from southbound Church Avenue to Congress Street will be allowed.
• On Monday, July 2 from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the intersection of Stone Avenue and Congress will be reduced to one travel lane while the contractor completes underground utility work.
• On Sunday, July 1 from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., waterline installations will be performed on Congress Street between Stone and 6th Avenues. Sections of the north sidewalk midblock between Stone and 6th Avenue will be closed during this work. Business access will remain open at all times.
• Monday, July 2 through Wednesday, July 4 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Congress Street at 5th Avenue will be closed as crews install waterlines in the intersection.
Fourth Avenue and University Boulevard
• Beginning at 5 a.m. on Saturday, June 30, and Monday, July 2, the contractor will place the first lift of pavement on Fourth Avenue between Sixth Street and University Boulevard. Haul trucks delivering materials will enter the work area from side streets along the work area. Paving will begin at Sixth Street and progress north to University Boulevard. Side street connections will be paved on Monday, July 2. Residents and businesses should be alert for personnel and heavy equipment in the area.
The final lift of pavement is scheduled to be placed in mid July. Final details will be provided prior to the work beginning.
U of A and Health Sciences Center
• On Monday, July 2, the Warren Avenue Underpass will be closed. The closure is expected to be in place for approximately eight months while the contractor completes the removal of the existing roadway, underground utility work, rail placement and installation of the Overhead Contact System. Detour signs will be in place to help direct pedestrian and bicycle traffic through the area.
• The contractor will begin installing conduit for the traffic signals at the intersection of Mountain Avenue and Second Street. The intersection will be completely closed during this work.
• The intersection will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the following nights: Sunday July 1, Monday July 2, Wednesday July 4 and Thursday July 5.
• Through traffic and all turn movements at the intersection will be prohibited during this work.
• On Monday, July 2, the contractor will begin installation of a 16 inch waterline along Martin Avenue between First Street and Speedway Boulevard. In order to cause as little impact as possible to the traveling public, the contractor will conduct the work in sections.
• The first section of work will be along Martin Avenue, between First and Second Streets. The intersection of First Street and Martin Avenue will remain open. Advance notice will be given prior to the waterline work crossing the intersection and impacting traffic.
• On Monday, July 2, Helen Street will be closed between Martin and Cherry Avenues for waterline work.
• The intersection of Cherry Avenue and Helen Street will remain open throughout most of this work; however, there may be intermittent lane restrictions to accommodate workers and equipment.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories