Posted 7:49 AM 6/25/2012 : Cone Zone 6/25: Streetcar closures and I-10 near Benson
Tucson Modern Streetcar Construction Update
• During the week of June 25, the contractor will begin sewer removals and replacements along Broadway between Church and Sixth Avenues.
• On Sunday, June 24, the work hours will be from 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
• Weekday work hours will be from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
• Broadway will be reduced to one travel lane during the overnight work hours. The roadway will be opened to two travel lanes from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. each day.
• Turn movements from northbound Scott Avenue onto Broadway will not be permitted during the scheduled work hours. Turn movements will not be restricted during the day.
• Motorists traveling southbound on Stone Avenue will be required to turn left at Broadway during the scheduled overnight work hours. Through traffic will not be restricted during the day.
• On Monday, June 25, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Congress Street will be closed while the contractor completes underground utility work through the intersection.
• Parking will be maintained along Fifth Avenue north and south of the Congress Street intersection.
• Signs will be in place to direct north and southbound Fifth Avenue traffic around the work area.
Fourth Avenue and University Boulevard
• During the week of June 25, the contractor will begin compacting the final aggregate base course material along Fourth Avenue, between Sixth Street and University Boulevard in preparation for paving, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 30 and Monday, July 2.
• Paving operations will take place each day from 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.
U of A and Health Sciences Center
• On Wednesday, June 27 and Thursday, June 28 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. the intersection of Mountain Avenue and Second Street will be closed while the contractor completes utility work in the roadway. The intersection will be open during the day.
Eastbound Interstate 10 exit at State Route 90 near Benson to be paved Tuesday
Motorists can expect brief delays during 12-hour period beginning early Tuesday morning
Motorists traveling east on Interstate 10 near Benson will encounter travel restrictions approaching the interchange with State Route 90 beginning early Tuesday morning (June 26) while the Arizona Department of Transportation paves the off ramp and highway shoulder at Exit 302 and relocates construction barrier.
From 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, the right lane of eastbound I-10 will be closed starting two miles west of the SR 90 interchange and continuing for approximately one mile east of Exit 302. ADOT crews will extend the pavement onto the shoulder of the interstate where a temporary exit has been located and repave the permanent exit, which is in the original location.
The work is part of the on-going $27.6 million project to replace the overpass bridge on I-10 at SR 90, reconstruct a curving segment of the interstate west of the interchange, and make improvements to SR 90 south of I-10.
The project is scheduled for completion in late 2013.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories