Posted 8:11 AM 5/30/2012 : Cone Zone 5/30: Closures on I-10 near Casa Grande
Interstate 10 widening project near Casa Grande requires ramp closures at Florence Boulevard
Westbound I-10 ramps closed for paving
Paving on westbound Interstate 10 as part of the widening project will require closures of the on and off-ramps at Florence Boulevard Wednesday (May 30). Crews will work between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., and the ramps will be closed for up to four hours while paving takes place. Drivers should be aware of the following restrictions:
• Westbound Interstate 10 off-ramp at Florence Boulevard (State Route 287) closed up to four hours between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wednesday (May 30). DETOUR: Exit at McCartney Road to reenter I-10 eastbound for access to Florence Boulevard.
• Westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at Florence Boulevard (State Route 287) closed up to four hours between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wednesday (May 30). DETOUR: Florence Boulevard drivers take eastbound I-10 to Jimmie Kerr Boulevard (State Route 84) for access to westbound I-10.
This area of the project includes Congress Street and Broadway through downtown from Granada Avenue to 5th Avenue. Traffic control in this area is as follows:
• Over the Memorial Day weekend, the contractor will begin repair and replacement of a sewer line that extends across Broadway between Church and Stone Avenues. This work will require Broadway between Church Avenue and Stone Avenue to be completely closed. The closure will be in effect 24 hours-per-day and is expected to be in place approximately one month. At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel while the contractor works on the manhole located in the intersection. The intersection closures may be in place 24 hours-per-day.
• Broadway through traffic will be detoured south on Church Avenue to Ochoa Street or McCormick Street, east to Stone Avenue, and north back to Broadway.
• Four-way stop signs will be placed at the intersections of Ochoa Street and Stone Avenue and McCormick Street and Stone Avenue.
• At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel. Directional signs will be in place to detour motorists around the work area.
• Turn movements from eastbound Broadway to northbound Church will be maintained at all times.
MILLING AND REPAVING PROJECT ON CRAYCROFT RD AND KOLB RD NORTH OF SUNRISE DR
Beginning Tuesday, May 29, 2012, Pima County Department of Transportation and its contractor, Southern Arizona Paving, will begin milling and repaving work on Craycroft Road and Kolb Road north of Sunrise Drive.
Starting Tuesday, May 29, 2012, between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., the contractor will perform preliminary work, which includes lowering utility lines. After this work is completed, milling and repaving work will begin Monday, June 11, 2012, and is expected to be completed by June 18, 2012.
Flaggers will be in the area to direct motorists through the work zone area along with deputies from the Pima County Sheriff's Department.
Please approach the area with caution and obey all traffic control devices.
This area of the project includes 4th Avenue from the 4th Avenue underpass to University Boulevard, University Boulevard to Main Gate Square, and Park Avenue to 2nd Street.
Traffic control in this area is as follows:
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, May 29, Euclid Avenue at University Boulevard will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction. These temporary lane restrictions allow the contractor to extend sewer and water upgrades through the intersection. The lane restrictions will be in place 24-hours per day through the end of June 2012.
TRAFFIC SHIFT ON EAST MAGEE ROAD
Pima County Department of Transportation, Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and their contractor, Ashton Company, continue improvements on the Cortaro Farms Road/Magee Road: Thornydale Road to Oracle Road Improvement Project.
TRAFFIC SHIFT - MAY 29, 2012
Starting Tuesday, May 29, 2012, at 7:00 a.m., Ashton Company will begin construction on the south side (eastbound lane) of east Magee Road from La Cholla Boulevard to La Cañada Drive. All traffic will be shifted onto the newly paved north side (westbound lane) of Magee Road.
All businesses will remain accessible during construction.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories