Posted 8:56 AM 5/29/2012 : Cone Zone 5/29: Tuesday closures and construction
This area of the project includes Congress Street and Broadway through downtown from Granada Avenue to 5th Avenue. Traffic control in this area is as follows:
• Over the Memorial Day weekend, the contractor will begin repair and replacement of a sewer line that extends across Broadway between Church and Stone Avenues. This work will require Broadway between Church Avenue and Stone Avenue to be completely closed. The closure will be in effect 24 hours-per-day and is expected to be in place approximately one month. At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel while the contractor works on the manhole located in the intersection. The intersection closures may be in place 24 hours-per-day.
• Broadway through traffic will be detoured south on Church Avenue to Ochoa Street or McCormick Street, east to Stone Avenue, and north back to Broadway.
• Four-way stop signs will be placed at the intersections of Ochoa Street and Stone Avenue and McCormick Street and Stone Avenue.
• At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel. Directional signs will be in place to detour motorists around the work area.
• Turn movements from eastbound Broadway to northbound Church will be maintained at all times.
MILLING AND REPAVING PROJECT ON CRAYCROFT RD AND KOLB RD NORTH OF SUNRISE DR
Beginning Tuesday, May 29, 2012, Pima County Department of Transportation and its contractor, Southern Arizona Paving, will begin milling and repaving work on Craycroft Road and Kolb Road north of Sunrise Drive.
Starting Tuesday, May 29, 2012, between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., the contractor will perform preliminary work, which includes lowering utility lines. After this work is completed, milling and repaving work will begin Monday, June 11, 2012, and is expected to be completed by June 18, 2012.
Flaggers will be in the area to direct motorists through the work zone area along with deputies from the Pima County Sheriff's Department.
Please approach the area with caution and obey all traffic control devices.
Construction continues on SR 86 improvement project west of Robles Junction
New work hours begin next week
The Arizona Department of Transportation will continue ongoing lane closures on State Route 86 west of Robles Junction. Lane closures over the summer include the following times.
• From 5 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday (May 29) through Friday (June 1).
• From 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday (June 4) through Thursday (June 7).
• From 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday throughout the summer until further notice.
• A future traffic alert will notify drivers of the July 4 holiday schedule.
The work is part of a four-mile long road improvement project on the Tohono O'odham Nation between San Pedro and Viopuli Road (MP 137 and MP 141). This $6 million project includes expanding the roadway shoulders for enhanced safety, applying a new, smooth driving surface and installing drainage features along the project area. The project is scheduled for completion in fall 2012.
Please note that paving will begin on Thursday (May 31) and will continue through the June 4 work week. Drivers can expect to see more workers and equipment than usual during paving operations and should proceed through the work zone with special caution.
Traffic delays will vary, but should not exceed 15 minutes. ADOT will notify motorists when the lane closures will conclude.
UPDATE: Roadside work to remove burned trees on State Route 289 near Nogales
Due to a high wind advisory this week, the Arizona Department of Transportation has temporarily halted the roadside work on State Route 289 to remove burned trees
The intermittent closing of State Route 289 near Nogales for about four miles, from milepost 6.7 to Pena Blanca Lake, to cut trees burned from last summer's Murphy Complex fire is expected to resume from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday (May 29) to Thursday (May 31).The road and lanes will be closed intermittently for safety purposes to allow workers to bring down the trees. Construction crews will direct traffic through the work zone during road closures. Drivers can expect delays of up to 20 minutes.
Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel. Motorists should use caution when making turns and heed warning signs.
Guardrail repair work scheduled on Interstate 10 in Tucson
The Arizona Department of Transportation will close the eastbound Interstate 10 exit ramp at Palo Verde Road to south Palo Verde Road from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday (May 29) for guardrail repair.
This area of the project includes 4th Avenue from the 4th Avenue underpass to University Boulevard, University Boulevard to Main Gate Square, and Park Avenue to 2nd Street.
Traffic control in this area is as follows:
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, May 29, Euclid Avenue at University Boulevard will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction. These temporary lane restrictions allow the contractor to extend sewer and water upgrades through the intersection. The lane restrictions will be in place 24-hours per day through the end of June 2012.
TRAFFIC SHIFT ON EAST MAGEE ROAD
Pima County Department of Transportation, Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and their contractor, Ashton Company, continue improvements on the Cortaro Farms Road/Magee Road: Thornydale Road to Oracle Road Improvement Project.
TRAFFIC SHIFT - MAY 29, 2012
Starting Tuesday, May 29, 2012, at 7:00 a.m., Ashton Company will begin construction on the south side (eastbound lane) of east Magee Road from La Cholla Boulevard to La Cañada Drive. All traffic will be shifted onto the newly paved north side (westbound lane) of Magee Road.
All businesses will remain accessible during construction.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories