Posted 9:50 AM 5/25/2012 : Cone Zone 5/25: Downtown and Cortaro Farms
This area of the project includes Congress Street and Broadway through downtown from Granada Avenue to 5th Avenue. Traffic control in this area is as follows:
• Over the Memorial Day weekend, the contractor will begin repair and replacement of a sewer line that extends across Broadway between Church and Stone Avenues. This work will require Broadway between Church Avenue and Stone Avenue to be completely closed. The closure will be in effect 24 hours-per-day and is expected to be in place approximately one month. At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel while the contractor works on the manhole located in the intersection. The intersection closures may be in place 24 hours-per-day.
• Broadway through traffic will be detoured south on Church Avenue to Ochoa Street or McCormick Street, east to Stone Avenue, and north back to Broadway.
• Four-way stop signs will be placed at the intersections of Ochoa Street and Stone Avenue and McCormick Street and Stone Avenue.
• At times, the intersection of Church Avenue and Broadway will be closed to north/south travel. Directional signs will be in place to detour motorists around the work area.
• Turn movements from eastbound Broadway to northbound Church will be maintained at all times.
• Access to the underground parking garage for tenants of 1 South Church Avenue will be maintained.
• Parking will not be allowed along the west side of Church Avenue between Broadway and Jackson Street and along Ochoa Street between Church and Stone Avenues while the detour is in place.
• Sidewalk access will be maintained at all times, however, north and south bound Church Avenue pedestrians must use the crosswalk on the west side of the intersection to cross Broadway while intersection work is under way.
• On-street parking will not be permitted along Broadway between Granada and Fifth Avenues.
• ONGOING: During Congress Street work, there will be intermittent closures of 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue at Congress Street.
• ONGOING: Scott Avenue is closed at Congress Street for approximately four months. Access to businesses north and south of the intersection, as well as access to street parking and garages off Scott Avenue, will be maintained.
• Construction on Congress Street includes curb to curb removal of asphalt and major excavation for utility relocations before the roadway is reconstructed with rail. The extensive nature of this work requires full closures 24 hours per day.
Additional work, just south of Sixth Street on Fourth Avenue will begin at 8 a.m. on Thursday, May 24, and continue through 2 p.m. Friday, May 25.
East and west turn movements from northbound 4th Avenue to 6th Street will not be permitted. Motorist wishing access to Sixth Street will be detoured around the work area.
Parking on Fourth Avenue will be maintained.
This traffic control change allows the contractor to complete water line improvements in the area.
CORTARO FARMS ROAD/MAGEE ROAD: THORNYDALE ROAD TO ORACLE ROAD IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Pima County Department of Transportation, Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and their contractor, KE&G, continue improvements on the Cortaro Farms Road/Magee Road: Thornydale Road to Oracle Road Improvement Project.
TRAFFIC SHIFT - MAY 24, 2012
Starting Thursday, May 24, 2012, at 9:00 a.m., KE&G will begin construction work on the south side (eastbound lane) of Cortaro Farms Road from Thornydale Road to Shannon Road. All traffic will be shifted onto the north side (westbound lane) of Cortaro Farms Road from Thornydale Road to Shannon Road.
RIVER PARK PEDESTRIAN PATH CLOSURE CONTINUES
The Cañada del Oro River Park pedestrian path at Magee Road will remain closed until October 2012. This continued closure is necessary so that crews can complete bridge construction activities in the area without jeopardizing the safety of pedestrian traffic.
All businesses will remain accessible during construction.
Please approach these areas with caution and obey all traffic control devices
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories