Posted 12:00 PM 5/15/2013 : Chef Ken whips up a Peanut Butter Mousse
TUCSON- On Wednesday Chef Ken from Dante's Fire - Cocktails & Cuisine stopped by the studio to make a dessert that will have you forgetting about those calories.
Here is what you need:
• 1 ¾ oz Effen Cucumber Vodka
• 1 oz Fresh Sour Mix
• ¼ oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
• 2 slices European Cucumber
• Cucumber Foam
1. In mixing tin, place 2 thin slices of European Cucumber
2. Add Effen Cucumber Vodka, Sour Mix and Cointreau
3. Add Ice, cover tin and shake vigorously
4. Place silver dollar sized orb of Cucumber Foam into bottom of Chilled Martini Glass
5. Strain drink gently around Foam and garnish with a slice of cucumber
Peanut Butter Mousse
• Qt Heavy Cream
• 1 lb powdered Sugar
• ½ cup granulated Sugar
• 1.5 lb Cream Cheese
• 1 ¼ lb Peanut Butter
• 4 oz Meringue
1. Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in bowl of mixer
2. Whip on medium speed until stiff peaks are produced - Reserve chilled
3. Combine cream cheese and granulated sugar in bowl of mixer
4. Whip on medium speed for 5 minutes - scraping sides of bowl periodically
5. Add peanut butter, mix on High speed for additional 3 minutes - scraping sides of bowl periodically
6. Add Whipped cream in 3 additions - spaced out until portions are fully incorporated
7. Form in metal ring molds - 3 in. diameter, Chill
8. Top with meringue
9. Caramelize meringue
10. Remove from mold, serve
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More