2017 was the first year of a new partnership between Airbnb and the state of Arizona allowing the company to collect and remit state and local taxes on behalf of hosts and guests.
A deal that appears to be a win-win situation.
- According to Airbnb, that partnership helped Arizona collect $11. 5 million in tax revenue last year.
- There are currently more than 10,000 Airbnb hosts across the state.
- The company says more than 646,000 guests stayed in Airbnb properties here in Arizona last year.
- The typical Airbnb host in Arizona earned $6,100 last year.
- Airbnb hosts earned a combined total of almost $ 95 million