CRIME TRACKERS: History of domestic violence in murder suicide c - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

CRIME TRACKERS: History of domestic violence in murder suicide case

Posted: Updated:

TUCSON - A tragic story of Domestic Violence.

Tucson police identified the man and woman of an apparent murder suicide.

Jazmine Willock's employer contacted Tucson police on Thursday to make a welfare check because she hadn’t shown up for work.

Police found her, and 27 year old Taris Ford-Dillard dead.

Detectives said they were in a relationship and he had shot her first and then himself.

An area resident said the two had been having problems prior to this incident.  He said in November there's disturbing video of an altercation between the two.  He reported the incident and the video to Tucson police.  He claimed police did nothing. 

He recalled 22 year old Jazmine Wollack by the door asking for help, screaming for help.  He said you could see the man grab her, and he had a gun on him.

Tucson police claimed they did respond to the incident and Taris Ford-Dillard was arrested and charged with three misdemeanors. Just last month another terrifying incident, witnesses said the 27 year old Ford-Dillard was driving erratically and Jazmine jumped out of the moving car trying to escape. 

She was seen grabbing a bag from the house but he caught up to her. Neighbors claimed they called police again.

David Gambill lives next door he said, "The noise level at the house had been unbelievable, yelling and screaming that type of thing” he added it didn't happen every night, but periodically.

In July, Taris Alexander Ford--Dillard was indicted on four counts of assault, domestic violence, aggravated assault with deadly weapon, and kidnapping.

According to the Interim Complaint, the two had gotten into an argument he pushed and threw her in their bedroom; the victim stated Taris put her in a headlock and began hitting her in the face with a shoe. 

He then grabbed a black semi auto handgun and pointed it at the victim.

She escaped and called police.

Taris denied pointing a gun.  He was eventually arrested. 

A $7500 bond was posted and he was released.

He was scheduled to appear in court next month on a change of plea hearing.

A neighbor four doors down is in disbelief he said you hear about this you read about it, "It just doesn't happen to you. You would think but just like we found out it does. "

Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse

795-4266 24-hour Crisis Line


Wingspan Anti-Violence Project

24-hour Crisis Lines 624-0348 or 800-553-9387


Interactive Radar
Powered by Frankly

© KVOA.com 2018, KVOA.com
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?