Gourmet Girls: Pumpkin Log
· Pumpkin Cake:
· ¼ cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
· ¾ cup gf flour
· ¼ tsp xantham gum
· ½ tsp each baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves
· ¼ tsp salt
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
· Cream Cheese Filling:
· 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
· 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
· 6 Tablespoons softened butter
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 15 x 10 jelly roll pan, line with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
2. Combine flour, gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin, stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up caking and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Beat cream cheese filling ingredients together in a small mixer bowl until smooth.
6. Carefully unroll cake and spread cream cheese filling over cake.
7. Re-roll cake, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least one hour. Slice and serve.