German Potato Salad
Ingredients for dish (must be specific, no "secret ingredients"):
Serves: 4 servings
· 1½ lbs (600 g) potatoes
· 3-4 ounces (100 g) bacon, good quality, about 5 slices
· 2 medium white or red onions
· 6 tablespoons (90 g) butter, unsalted
· 1/3 cup vegetable broth
· 2 tablespoons (50 ml) white wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
· Salt and pepper
· Fresh parsley, chives, or dill chopped
Preparation Instructions (must be specific, no vague amounts i.e. "pinch or scoop"):
1. Cook the potatoes until almost done about 20 minutes and peel right away. Allow them to cool. Cut them into ¼ - ½-inch (1-2 cm) slices. Dice the onions and bacon. Heat 4 tablespoons (50 g) butter in a pan over medium heat, then add the onions and bacon. Continue to cook over medium heat until onions begin to soften and bacon is browned.
2. Add the vinegar and reduce it a bit. Add the veal broth and stir in the tablespoon of mustard until completely dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then pour it over the cut potatoes. Let it rest for at least 1 - 2 hours. Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a small pan and allow it to brown. Once it's brown let it cool down and pour it over the potato salad. Garnish with parsley, chives or dill
LOS ANGELES — The family of Bill Paxton has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a Los Angeles hospital and the surgeon who performed the actor's heart surgery shortly before he died.
Aviation Parkway westbound is closed at Golf Links due to a serious injury collision involving one vehicle.
(CNN)Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto has called off an official trip to Washington to meet with President Donald Trump after a tense phone call brought the two leaders to a policy-driven standstill.