German Potato Salad
Ingredients for dish (must be specific, no "secret ingredients"):
Serves: 4 servings
· 1½ lbs (600 g) potatoes
· 3-4 ounces (100 g) bacon, good quality, about 5 slices
· 2 medium white or red onions
· 6 tablespoons (90 g) butter, unsalted
· 1/3 cup vegetable broth
· 2 tablespoons (50 ml) white wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
· Salt and pepper
· Fresh parsley, chives, or dill chopped
Preparation Instructions (must be specific, no vague amounts i.e. "pinch or scoop"):
1. Cook the potatoes until almost done about 20 minutes and peel right away. Allow them to cool. Cut them into ¼ - ½-inch (1-2 cm) slices. Dice the onions and bacon. Heat 4 tablespoons (50 g) butter in a pan over medium heat, then add the onions and bacon. Continue to cook over medium heat until onions begin to soften and bacon is browned.
2. Add the vinegar and reduce it a bit. Add the veal broth and stir in the tablespoon of mustard until completely dissolved. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then pour it over the cut potatoes. Let it rest for at least 1 - 2 hours. Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a small pan and allow it to brown. Once it's brown let it cool down and pour it over the potato salad. Garnish with parsley, chives or dill
The family of Frederick Wilburn, the man Department of Public Safety detectives shot to death Thursday night near Speedway Blvd. and Beverly Dr. is speaking out.
TUCSON- The Tucson Police Department has closed roads in Midtown after a pedestrian was hit by a vehicle. According to TPD, the pedestrian has...
A Tennessee boy, who gets bullied at school,is getting support from celebrities around the world after his heart-felt plea goes viral.
The suspect in a terror-related attack in New York City has been identified as Akayed Ullah, a 27-year-old Bangladeshi immigrant who lives in Brooklyn and was allegedly inspired by ISIS.