Gourmet Girls: Cobb Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Cobb Salad ingredients
• 8 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
• 4 large hard boiled eggs chopped
• Kosher salt
• 2 avocados, halved and grilled
• 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
• 1 large head Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
• 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut into pieces
• 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Add the Bibb and romaine lettuce to glass serving bowl. Arrange the bacon, hard-cooked eggs,
avocados, tomatoes and blue cheese in rows on top of the lettuce. When ready to serve, toss the salad with citrus vinaigrette (recipe follows) and season with salt and pepper.
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• ¾ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• ¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine first six ingredients and blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1½ cups
Adoptive parents Benito Gutierrez, 69, and Carol Gutierrez, 64, have been arrested on charges of child abuse.
The Tucson Unified School District have confirmed a student made a threat to Cholla High Magnet School earlier today.
Tucson - There's a great deal of noise at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, and now, it's not just from the jets.
Southeastern Arizona is finally starting to feel like Winter again after weeks - and even months - of temperatures historically high.