Quantcast

Son: Man burned, shocked by wire in South Side alley - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

Son: Man burned, shocked by wire in South Side alley

Posted: Updated:

A 50-year old man was injured after being shocked and burned Tuesday in an alley on the South Side.

Cesar Molina suffered first- and second-degree burns over 85 percent of his body. His son said he is in critical condition at Banner University Medical Center.

A witness called 911 at about 8 a.m. after hearing an explosion and seeing the man on fire in the alley of East Hancock Vista near Ajo and Kino.

“When I called the 911 guy, I told him he was on fire and he was screaming,” said Alma Chavira. “They told me not to go over there, but told me to tell him to roll over until the fire department gets here.”

Chavira believes he was driving through the alley when a transformer exploded. She thinks he might been moving an electrical wire when he got shocked. Police and fire officials are investigating.

The man's son said he believes that when his dad was leaving for work he came upon an electrical power hazard and tried to move in, which resulted in the injuries.

"I just walked out here and found my dad's hat, all burned up."

Tucson Electric Power said there were no reports of low-hanging wires or damage in the area.

The man's son said that the TEP crew that was on site told him that they were already scheduled to be doing work in the area.

The family asks that if you have any information, please call 520-940-0938.

WEATHER
Interactive Radar
Powered by Frankly

© KVOA.com 2017, KVOA.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?