FIT 4 ‘14 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter nor does any purchase improve an entrant's chance of winning. Challenge begins on Saturday, January 11, 2014 from 10:00am-3:00pm Mountain Standard Time (MST) and continues through Saturday, February 22, 2014 from 10:00am-3:00pm MST (the "Challenge Period"). Sponsor clock will be the official timepiece of the sweepstakes. To enter the "Fit 4 '14 Weight Loss Challenge" all entrants will be required to attend two distinct events...1) the initial weigh-in & 2) the final weigh-in. Entrants not participating in both events, during in the time periods outlined below, will be disqualified from the challenge.
For the "initial weigh-in", entrants will be required to visit Amped Fitness, 3603 W. Cortaro Farm Road #135 in Marana, Arizona on Saturday, January 11, 2014 between 10:00am-4:00pm MST. The challenge will be limited to the first 100 (one hundred) entrants in line to register.
During the "initial weigh-in" process, all entrants will be measured and weighed wearing workout gear only. Workout gear is defined as a t-shirt or tank top made of light material and a pair of shorts with no pockets and made of light material. Female entrants will also have the option of wearing a sports brassiere under/or in place of a shirt. Note***Entrants will be required to wear the exact same workout gear to both the initial weigh-in and the final weigh-in. All entrants will also be required to sign a release form during the entry process. All entries submitted become the sole property of the KVOA-TV/News 4 Tucson and will not be returned.
For the "final weigh-in", entrants will be required to visit Amped Fitness, 3603 W. Cortaro Farm Road in Marana, Arizona on Saturday, February 22, 2014 between 10:00am-5:00pm. All entrants must have had their "final weigh-in" or be in line for their "final weigh-in" by 5pm. No "final weigh-in" will be available to any entrants "not on-site" at Amped Fitness at 5:00pm on 2/22/14. During this "final weigh-in", entrants will once again be measured & weighed to ascertain the exact amount of weight loss/gain that each entrant has made during the "challenge period".
Any entrant suspected of, perceived or witnessed manipulating the challenge results during any segment of the challenge will be immediately ejected from the challenge.
2. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one prize awarded during the "challenge period". The grand prize winning entrant in the "Fit 4 '14 Weight Loss Challenge" will be the entrant who loses the highest "percentage" of body weight during the "challenge period". To determine the winner, each entrant's "final weigh-in" weight will be subtracted from their "initial weigh-in" weight. The total weight loss in pounds will then be divided by the "initial weigh-in" weight in pounds to determine the actual "percentage" of weight loss during the "challenge period". The entrant with the largest percentage of weight loss during the "challenge period" will be deemed the "grand prize winner". In case of a tie, a grand prize winner will be selected through a random draw by all "tied" entrants. Drawing order to break a tie will be determined by age with the oldest contestant drawing first, followed in order by the next oldest, until all numbers are drawn.
3. PRIZE: There will be one prize, the Grand Prize, awarded during the "challenge period". The grand prize winning entrant in the "Fit 4 '14 Weight Loss Challenge" will receive a "Free Pass for 1 (one) person for Group Training at Amped Fitness" valid for a period of 6 (six) months. The prize is non-transferable. Retail value of the grand prize is $930 (nine-hundred and thirty dollars). The grand prize winner will have 30 calendar days from the end of the challenge to claim their prize. Any prize unclaimed at the end of that period will not be awarded.
4. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The contest is open only to entrants in good physical health who do not have, or have ever had, any medical issues that could be aggravated or inflamed and become detrimental to their health by participating in this challenge.
b. The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Tucson/Sierra Vista, AZ Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and possess a valid I.D. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
c. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KVOA-TV ("Sponsor"), Amped Fitness ("Sponsor") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in the "Fit 4 '14 Weight Loss Challenge".
b. Challenge entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the challenge managers, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
c. KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. KVOA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 100 mile radius of the affiliate's' office. Entrants' further grant to KVOA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and information provided in the entry process.
d. KVOA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the challenge, including information on contestants obtained through the sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
e. The challenge and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyrighted by KVOA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
f. KVOA-TV is not responsible for undelivered entries to the challenge for any reason including, but not limited to, computer problems, connectivity problems, online/email filtering and/or unintentionally destruction.
g. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. KVOA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
6. RULES AND WINNER NAME: Official rules are available at www.kvoa.com under the "contest" tab at the top of the home page.
7. SPONSORS: The "Fit 4 '14 Weight Loss Challenge" is sponsored by KVOA-TV, 209 W. Elm St., Tucson, AZ 85705 and Amped Fitness, 3603 W. Cortaro Farm Road #135, Marana, Arizona 85653.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the challenge. If for any reason this challenge is not capable of running as planned, or if this challenge or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the challenge and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this challenge, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this challenge or any portion thereof. . If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Challenge rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Arizona law, excluding choice of law provisions.