KVOA.COM BIG HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter nor does any purchase improve an entrant's chance of winning. Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time and runs through Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 12:00pm Mountain Standard Time (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor clock will be the official timepiece of the sweepstakes. To enter the sweepstakes, entrants will visit www.kvoa.com/contests and click on the tab for the "KVOA.com Big Holiday Sweepstakes". Once on the sweepstakes official site, entrants will be required to fill out on official entry form. The entry form must be filled out completely and contain verifiable information or it will be disqualified. All entries submitted become the sole property of the KVOA-TV/News 4 Tucson and will not be returned. Use of any mechanical device to automate entry is prohibited.
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant allowed. Entrants may submit a 3x5 card with their name, age, address, telephone number and email address (required) to enter the sweepstakes. Entries must be delivered to, KVOA-TV, 209 West Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705 or by mailing their entries to "KVOA.com Big Holiday Sweepstakes" Box 5188, Tucson, AZ 85703.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be a total of 8 (eight) prize winning names drawn at random from all properly completed entry forms during the contest period....7 (seven) "Weekly" winners and 1 (one) "Grand Prize" winner. For the "Weekly" winners, there will be 1 (one) prize winning name drawn at random at 12pm on each of the following 7 (seven) Friday dates in 2014: November 3, 14, 21 & 28....December 5, 12 & 19. KVOA-TV will contact each prize winning name by email and telephone (if provided). Each prize winning name will have 24 hours, from time of the first attempt of contact, to respond and confirm their winning entry. Prize winning names can confirm their wins by calling the KVOA-TV office at 520-792-2270 or by emailing their confirmation to Contests@kvoa.com. Please note...all email confirmations MUST have "KVOA.com Big Holiday Sweepstakes" in the Subject line of their email. If a prize winning name is not confirmed in the 24 hour window after first attempt to contact, the prize winning name will be voided and a substitute prize winning name will be drawn subject to previous rules set forth in this document.
The 8th and final name drawn will be the "Grand Prize" winning name. The "Grand Prize" winning name will be drawn at 12pm on Monday, December 22nd
4. PRIZES: There will be a total of 8 (eight) prizes awarded during the contest period....7 (seven) weekly prizes and 1 (one) grand prize. Each entrant deemed a "weekly" winner will receive the prize outlined below that correlates with the date the "weekly" prize winning name is drawn.
$500 Gift Certificate
$500 Gift Basket
$500 Gift Certificate
Park Avenue Jewelers
.25 loose Diamond
$350 Gift Basket
The "Grand Prize" winner will receive the grand prize package valued at $2200 in merchandise & services: 1) Chair & Gift Card/Furniture Connection-$300 Value, 2) Gift Card/Maya Palace-$250 Value, 3) ipad Air/Werth Realty -$400 Value, 4) Gift Basket/Massage Envy-$250 Value, 5) Gift Basket/NOS-$500 value, 6) Gift Certificate/Renewed Beauty-$250 value, 7) Gift Card/Park Avenue Jewelers-$250 value
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Tucson/Sierra Vista, AZ Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and possess a valid I.D. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KVOA-TV ("Sponsor") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
Release Sponsors of Liability:By entering, entrants agree to release sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the sweepstakes managers, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. KVOA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office. Entrants further grant to KVOA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and information provided in the entry process.
KVOA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the sweepstakes, including information on contestants obtained through the sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The sweepstakes and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyrighted by KVOA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
KVOA-TV is not responsible for undelivered entries to the sweepstakes for any reason including, but not limited to, computer problems, connectivity problems, online/email filtering and/or unintentionally destruction.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. KVOA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Big Holiday Sweepstakes Official Rules, page 3
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
Only one (1) prize per household or email address will be awarded during the sweepstakes period.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
This sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the sweepstakes for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
7. CONTEST RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available at www.kvoa.com.
8. SPONSORS: Sweepstakes is sponsored by KVOA-TV and the following Tucson area businesses: Furniture Connection, Maya Palace, Massage Envy, NOS, Renewed Beauty, Park Avenue Jewelers and Werth Realty.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the sweepstakes. If for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes or any portion thereof. . If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Arizona law, excluding choice of law provisions.