Feb 6, 2013 2:16 PM
Sous Chef Kenny Woods and Pastry Chef Abby Rosen from Wildflower will demonstrate how to make the Berry Rose Pot de Crème, a delicious dessert for your loved one this Valentine's Day. This raspberry- and vanilla-flavored treat can be found on Wildflower's Valentine's Day menu, which includes two courses and dessert for $45 per person 4 to 5:30pm; $55 per person 5:30 p.m. to close, excluding beverages, tax, and gratuity.
Berry Rose Pot de Crème
4 cups Heavy cream
1 cup Half and half
10 ounces White chocolate (chopped)
12 Egg yolks
3/4 cup Sugar
2 pinches Kosher salt
1 Vanilla beans (split and scraped)
2 tblsp. Chambord liquor
1 tsp. Rose water
1 1/2 tblsp. Raspberry compound or raspberry preserves (seedless)
1. Heat cream/vanilla bean and body/salt and half sugar together in pot.
2. Separate eggs and discard whites
3. Add remaining half of sugar to egg yolks/whisk to combine set aside.
4) Chop chocolate and place in bowl.
5) Turn cream mixture on and bring to a simmer-whisking occasionally
6) Remove from from heat/ pour over white chocolate to melt. Let stand
7) Whisk to combine/and reserved half and half to mixture/stir to combine
8) Slowly temper cream/white chocolate base into yolks
9) Add rose water/raspberry preserves/and chambord.
10) Taste/adjust as needed/strain thru fine mesh strainer.
11) Pour into bowls or ramekins/bake in hot water bath covered.
12) Bake at 270 in convection oven till set(firm jiggle)
13) Cool and top with edible rose petal and or fresh raspberry compote.