Jul 4, 2013 1:40 PM by Brian White
Where to see fireworks in Tucson
TUCSON - Barbeques, lemonade and of course, fireworks will be on tap Thursday as America celebrates its 237th birthday.
Independence Day will be observed in Tucson with a variety of firework shows and festivities. Here's a list of what's going on:
17th Annual "A" Mountain Fireworks Celebration
- The show starts at 9:15
- Food vendors at Tucson Convention Center's parking lot B with beer garden
- Fireworks visible from lot at 22nd Street and the Interstate 10 frontage road
- Starr Pass to Congress closed starting at 5 p.m.
- More info: 791- 4101
4th of July Backyard BBQ Desert Diamond Casino
- 5 p.m.
- Takes place in the plaza at the Sahuarita casino
- Garth Brooks and Faith Hill tribute show
- Address: 1100 W. Pima Mine Rd.
Fireworks and festival at Arizona Pavillions in Marana
- 6 to 10 p.m.
- Limited food vendors, bringing own food suggested or dining at nearby restaurants
- Address: 5755 w. Arizona Pavillions Dr.
Stars and stripes Classic BBQ at El Conquistador
- BBQ at Last Territory
- Live music from Kaci Bays & Gentlemen
- Fireworks show starts at 9 p.m.
Tucson Padres vs. Las Vegas 51s and fireworks at Kino Stadium
- Fireworks show following games on July 4 and July 5
- First 3,000 fans get a miniature US flag
- Games start at 7:05 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m. July 4 and at 6 p.m. on July 5 and 6.
- Tickets: www.tucsonpadres.com
- More info: 434-1367
Independence Day picnic at Tucson Botanical Gardens
- 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for students/military, $4 for children
- Address: 2150 N. Alvernon
2nd Annual Pig Roast and Fireworks at St. Agustine
- Food Trucks from Food Truck Coalition
- Roasted pig presentation by Agustin Brasserie
- Starts at 5 p.m.
- Fireworks seen from "A" Mountain
- Address: 100 S. Avenida del Convento
Old Fashioned July Fourth Celebration in Tubac
- Free games, hot dogs and watermelon
- Park admission is free
- Address: 1 Burruel Street