Apr 25, 2014 10:56 AM by Jeff Beamish
TUCSON - Gusty winds, valley rain and even mountain snow expected heading into the weekend.
A cold front marching toward the state is bringing some big changes to the forecast, according to News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish. Here is a timeline of what to expect between this afternoon and Sunday:
- Gusty west-southwest winds up to 30 MPH during the afternoon/evening hours.
- Localized blowing dust possible along I-10 near Picacho Peak and Willcox Playa.
- Red Flag Warning for eastern Santa Cruz/southern Cochise Counties from 2-7 PM.
- Gusty west-southwest winds up to 40 MPH during the afternoon/evening hours.
- Localized blowing dust possible along I-10 near Willcox Playa.
- Wind Advisory for southeastern Arizona from 11 AM until 7 PM, including Metro Tucson.
- Red Flag Warning for eastern Cochise County from 11 AM until 7 PM.
- Slight chance of isolated showers from Metro Tucson and points northeast, a few inches of snow possible for the White Mountains.
- High temps 10-15° below average for late April.
- Breezes lighter, around 10-20 MPH out of the west.
- High temps remaining 10-15° below average.
Watch Jeff for a complete look at your True View 4 forecast today on News 4 Tucson at Noon. Keep up to date on changing weather with the KVOA Weather & Traffic app, available for your iPhone, iPad and Android device.
38 minutes ago