Posted: Nov 12, 2012 8:00 PM by Robby Messer
TUCSON - A furnace malfunction is being blamed for causing a house fire in Midtown Monday evening.
The fire started about 6:30 p.m. in the home in the 1900 block of East Silver Street. The female in the home called 911 to report smoke coming from the furnace.
Fire crews entered the home through the front door to search for anyone inside and extinguish the fire while a ladder crew cut a hole in the roof.
The crews could see the fire spread into the attic.
The ladder crew cut a hole directly over the fire to prevent it from spreading throughout the attic. This also let the smoke escape from inside the house.
Two people, a male and female, along with their two dogs were displaced.
The fire caused more than $30,000 in damage.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More