Local

Dec 3, 2013 7:08 PM by Brian White

Unattended stove started by dog sparks apartment fire

TUCSON - A curious dog who started an unattended stove sparked a house fire in midtown Tucson.

The three residents who were displaced weren't home Tuesday morning when the kitchen caught fire, Tucson Fire Department spokesman Cpt. Barrett Baker said.

The 911 call was made from the 2100 block of North Bell Avenue just after 9 a.m.

Nine units and twenty-three firefighters responded to the scene and controlled the fire within thirteen minutes of arriving on scene.

There were no injuries to firefighters. No one was home at the time of the fire but Red Cross was responding to the scene to assist the residents displaced.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4