Posted: Nov 28, 2012 10:59 AM by Ian Cross
Updated: Nov 28, 2012 12:46 PM
TUCSON - Things are just getting back to normal at Tucson High, where some students were forced to evacuate because of an electrical issue.
Details are limited at this time, but officials told News 4 Tucson that a transformer malfunctioned, causing a loud popping noise. Smoke started filling the gym, and students in the gym were moved outside.
Tucson Fire crews quickly cut the power. Tucson Electric Power is investigating, and confirmed that about 1,700 customers in the area surrounding Tucson High lost power at around 11 a.m., which is about the same time the transformer blew.
Currently about 650 are still without power.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More