Posted: Aug 20, 2012 4:16 PM by Ian Cross
Updated: Aug 20, 2012 4:18 PM
TUCSON - A man using a supplemental oxygen tank was burned Monday morning while smoking a cigarette, Tucson Fire officials confirmed.
At about 11 a.m. Monday, a man in his 80's was burned due to smoking a cigarette while using a supplemental oxygen supply, delivered via a nasal tube, according to Captain Barrett Baker with Tucson Fire. The man was transported to a nearby hospital to receive further medical attention.
"Oxygen is highly flammable and it goes without saying that oxygen and smoking don't mix," states Captain Baker.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More