Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Triple-A baseball coming to Kino Stadium; 4 game series
TUCSON - As a result of the El Paso stadium construction not being complete, a four game series will be played in Tucson at Kino Stadium between the El Paso Chihuahuas (San Diego Padres), formerly the Tucson Padres, and the Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks).
The games will be April 11 - 14. Long time Triple-A General Manager Mike Feder and former Tucson Padres staff will oversee operations at Kino Stadium. Barring any unforeseen circumstances in El Paso stadium construction, these will be the only four Triple-A games in Tucson in 2014.
A tremendous amount of Triple-A talent from Reno will include the D-backs top pitching prospect Archie Bradley (projected to start on Friday night), SS Didi Gregorius, rehab OF Cody Ross, and P Bo Schultz; Padres (El Paso) prospects include OF Reymond Fuentes, starting pitchers Keyvius Sampson and Burch Smith, closer Kevin Quackenbush, and OFs Kyle Blanks and Jeff Francouer. Fifteen El Paso players have been a member of the Tucson Padres.
A strong promotional schedule has been scheduled:
- Friday, April 11 at 7:05 PM- Frosty Friday: $2 Beers and Soft Drinks
- Saturday, April 12, at 7:05 PM - MLB Giveaways: More than 3,000 Diamondbacks and Padres items including D-backs Lucha Libre masks, Miguel Montero growth charts, 2014 Diamondbacks Schedule Magnets, and Jedd Gyorko/Tony Gwynn/Chase Headley insulated Padres cooler bags!
- Sunday, April 13, at 1:05 PM - Youth Sports Day/Military Appreciation Day/Bark in the Park: all youth sport participants will be admitted for FREE in their uniform top; all active duty, reserve, and military retirees receive two free box seat tickets with valid military ID; AND all dogs with leashes will be admitted for free to enjoy the game on the OF berm.
- Monday, April 14 at 6:35 PM - eegee's Night: visit your favorite local eegee's location for free general admission tickets to that night's game
- Tickets start at $7 for general admission and $10 for box seats
- Kids (6-16), Senior Citizens, and Military (with ID) are only $5 for general admission.
- Suites are available for the four games.
- Group discounts are also available for groups of 20 or more.
- You can purchase tickets at the Kino Stadium Box office Monday through Friday from 10-5, call 434-1367, or visit the Tucson Padres website at www.TucsonPadres.com.