Posted: Dec 26, 2012 10:55 AM
Updated: Dec 26, 2012 11:01 AM
TUCSON - For the 17th year, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson's TreeCycle Program.
The program today, December 26, 2012 and continues through Sunday, January 6, 2013.
TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley. They're open during daylight hours, seven days a week:
1. Oro Valley lot, "Naranja Town Site," 660 W. Naranja Dr.
2. Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
3. Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
4. Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
5. Tucson Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
6. Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
7. Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
8. Purple Heart Park, southeast corner of Rita Rd. and Esmond Loop
9. Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys.
Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle.
Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates.
The TreeCycle program began in 1997.
Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000 or visit www.tucsonaz.gov/esd for more information.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More