Dec 26, 2012 1:55 PM
TUCSON - For the 17th year, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson's TreeCycle Program.
The program today, December 26, 2012 and continues through Sunday, January 6, 2013.
TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley. They're open during daylight hours, seven days a week:
1. Oro Valley lot, "Naranja Town Site," 660 W. Naranja Dr.
2. Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
3. Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
4. Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
5. Tucson Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
6. Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
7. Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
8. Purple Heart Park, southeast corner of Rita Rd. and Esmond Loop
9. Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys.
Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle.
Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates.
The TreeCycle program began in 1997.
Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000 or visit www.tucsonaz.gov/esd for more information.