Apr 18, 2013 10:37 AM by Ryan Haarer
TUCSON- 67,000 children visit hospital emergency rooms every year after ingesting something they should have never got their hands on.
Unfortunately many medicines and cleaners resemble common grocery items that appeal to kids. For example, Pine Sol shares the same color and shape as Gatorade. Vitamins often look like gummy candies.
TMC offers these tips to protect your kids:
• Put medicine and vitamins up and away and out of sight after every use.
• Look around your home for products you might not think about as medicine, like rubbing alcohol, eye drops or gummy vitamins, and store them out of the reach of children.
• When you have guests in your home, offer to put purses, bags and coats where kids can't get to them.
• Program the nationwide poison control center number (1-800-222-1222) into your phones.
• Visit SafeKids.org for more tips on safe storage, safe dosing and safe disposal of medicine.
7 hours ago