Nov 19, 2013 11:14 PM by Allie Myers
TUCSON - Over the past couple of weeks, the University of Arizona Police Department has received several reports of thefts from locked lockers at the Student Recreation Center. If you have any information pertaining to the thefts or suspects involved, please call 9-1-1 or 88-CRIME.
UAPD wants to remind the community of some Safety Tips:
1. Remain alert and aware of your surroundings as well as the people that are around you at all times.
2. If you see someone or something suspicious do not hesitate to contact police. Police would rather respond to a call that turns out to be nothing, than not receive a call when police response was needed.
3. Locked and secured lockers are being compromised. Do not leave valuable belongings in lockers. Leave valuables at home and only carry items that you need.
4. Keep your personal belongings with you at all times to help eliminate the opportunity for theft to occur.
5. Know where the emergency blue light phones are located on campus. These will give you direct access to UAPD with the push of a button.