Aug 10, 2011 10:13 PM
1. What song should I sing at the casting call?
Pick a song that best displays your voice!
2. Can I audition if I am under the age of 16?
NO. You MUST be 16 years old by September 15th, 2011 in order to audition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. Can I audition if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
You MUST be a legal U.S. Citizen in order to audition. Green cards and permanent resident cards also accepted.
4. Who can audition?
We're looking for solo artists and Duos from all genres of music.
5. How much time will I have to audition?
You will be given at least 60 seconds to impress the judges.
6. Is there a list of songs that I have to sing for the audition?
NO. Prepare songs that best suit your voice and represent you as an artist. Have one in your back pocket in case the judges want to hear another song.
7. How long will I have to wait to audition?
There will be waiting so please plan to be at the audition all day. Performance time may vary. Start strong with your best song. You may be asked to sing only a verse and a chorus so please be prepared.
8. Can I bring a soundtrack, instrument, or accompaniment?
NO. ALL open call auditions are a cappella - NO EXCEPTIONS!
9. Will I have to sign a release to audition?
To audition, you will be required to sign a release and show a government-issued photo ID. If you are under 18 yrs old you MUST have both parent or guardian signatures on the release in order to audition.
10. Is this audition the blind audition in front of the coaches?
NO. COACHES WILL NOT BE AT THE CASTING CALL!
11. Can I bring friends and family to the audition with me?
Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will be allowed at the audition, but not on-stage during your audition. If you are a minor, one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed with you on-stage at the audition.
12. What if I do not have a photo ID?
If you do not have a photo ID, you must show documentation that has your name and birth date. Examples: school ID card, birth certificate, voter registration card, passport... etc.
13. When do I get the release?
You can download the release at kvoa.com or fill one out on the day of the casting call at the AVA Amphitheater.
14. I am under 18, do I need to have a guardian with me at my audition?
YES. In order to enter into the audition, you MUST have (1) legal guardian accompany you.
15. What if a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany me at the audition?
If your parent or legal guardian cannot be with you: an adult (over 18 yrs old) MUST accompany you, however your parental consent form MUST BE SIGNED by your parent or legal guardian AND NOTARIZED by an official notary.
16. Will everyone who comes to the casting call be allowed to audition?
The first 200 entrants who show up at the AVA Amphitheater on Aug. 23 will be guaranteed audition slots at the casting call. Additional entrants will be allowed if time permits. Auditions will begin at 3pm and continue until 8pm.
17. How will the winner be determined?
All entrants will be judged strictly on their vocal performance. Entrants will be graded by a panel of three (3) judges at the casting call. The four(4) entrants with the highest scores from the judges will be deemed the "semi-finalists". Video of the 4 semi-finalists tryouts will then be posted onto www.kvoa.com. Viewers will be encouraged to log on, register and vote for their favorite performer(s). The entrant that receives the most votes will be determined "the winner".
18. What will "the winner" receive?
The entrant determined "the winner" will receive a "The Voice VIP" prize package including a VIP audition in front of "The Voice" official Casting Director on August 31 in Los Angeles along with airfare and two nights hotel accommodations. The winner will be required to travel to Los Angeles on August 30.
19. What is the timeline to determine the Winner?
August 23, 3-8pm Tucson Casting Call at AVA Amphitheater/Casino del Sol Hotel Resort- 4 Semi-Finalists selected August 24-August 26 Online Voting of 4 Semi-Finalists at www.kvoa.com August 26 Winner announced on "News Four Tucson at 4pm"