Aug 14, 2012 3:15 PM by Associated Press
PHOENIX (AP) - A coroner has ruled that the death of a 22-year-old pre-med student from Arizona who fell from her Las Vegas hotel room after taking Ecstasy was an accident.
Family and friends of Emily McCaughan have told The Arizona Republic that the University of Arizona student became paranoid while in the Nevada city in June for a concert, believed someone was following her and wanted to go home.
Police say she took a cab back to her hotel and was found dead hours later.
Toxicology reports show McCaughan had Ecstasy and traces of methamphetamine and gamma-hydroxybutyric acid in her system.
McCaughan's father, in a previous interview with the Republic, said he believes his daughter feared for her life when security tried to enter her room after receiving a noise complaint.
1 hour ago