Posted: Sep 27, 2013 1:00 PM by Jonathan Landeen of Jonathan’s Cork Restaurant
Updated: Sep 27, 2013 5:11 PM
Spicy Roasted Poblano Sausage
5 lbs boneless pork shoulder butt, diced
3 tbs kosher salt
3 tbs ancho chile powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs Spanish paprika
1 cup small-diced roasted, peeled and seeded poblano peppers
8 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup ice water
Optional: 10 feet hog casings, soaked in tepid water for at least 30 minutes
1. Combine all the ingredients except the poblano peppers, cilantro and water, toss to distribute the seasonings. Chill until ready to grind.
2. Grind the mixture through the small die into a bowl set in ice.
3. Add the peppers and cilantro to the meat mixture. Mix with the paddle attachment or a sturdy spoon while slowly adding the water. Continue mixing until all the liquid is incorporated and sausage has developed a uniform, sticky appearance, about 1 minute on medium speed.
4. Sauté a small portion of the sausage, taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Form into the patties or stuff the sausage into the hog casings and twist into 6 inch links.
6. Sauté or roast the sausage to an internal temp of 150
Yields about 20 6 in or 25 patties
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More