Aug 2, 2012 7:10 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson at 4 p.m., our nutrition contributor, Hana Feeney, stopped by with some fun packable lunches for your kids. Here's what she had to say:
It's Back to School time! Pack your child, and yourself, a healthy lunch that is tasty and exciting. PB and J is a basic-to-basic standard lunch that you can make fun, interesting and well-balanced.
Mixed up PB and J
• Always 100% whole grain bread.
• Natural nut butter of any variety; make sure it is natural without added sugar or oils
• Fruit spread rather than jelly; honey is also an option, but is added sugar so drizzle honey carefully.
• Don't forget a piece of fruit and some veggies.
• Sliced fruit on the sandwich is a fun twist!
• For little ones cut the sandwich with a cookie cutter.
Don't Forget An Afternoon Snack
• String cheese and baby carrots
• Fruit and peanut butter packet
• Fruit and nut bar or trail mix
For more ideas on Mix-and-Match Lunchables, see my website www.nourishingresults.com for Lunchables Kits.
9 hours ago