Jan 17, 2013 5:51 PM by Karlisa Galarza
TUCSON, AZ - The Salvation Army Family Services and Southwest Gas/Energy Share Program are helping families throughout the city of Tucson with their gas bills, as temperatures lower outside.
This event will be on held January 24th and January 31st at The Salvation Army City Admin Office, located at 1001 N. Richey Blvd., from 8 a.m. till 4 p.m.
Assistance will be provided to Southwest Gas customers, bills do not need to be aberrant to obtain the aid as long as low-income and/or adversity can be calculated through the application review process of all essential credentials.
If customers have previously established assistance through the Pima County Emergency Services Network in the past year and still qualify for support through the SWG Energy Share Program, you are able to participate in this event.
Applicants are asked to bring the following information for their application:
• Most recent Southwest Gas Bill
• Birth Certificates for everyone in the home
• Social Security cards for everyone in the home
• Picture ID for all adults in the household
• Proof of income for the last thirty days
• Award letter for SSI, Disability, Pension, Child Support, or Unemployment
• DES award letter for food stamps, AFDC
• Monthly bills-utilities, cable, phone, car payment, insurance, medical, credit cards, etc.
• Receipts/ Bank print-out of expenses from the past 30 days
• Contract/ Lease for Section 8/Conventional/ HUD Housing
• If not a citizen, bring a valid passport, certificate of naturalization, valid resident alien card, or a current picture ID/ driver's license from origin country
Participants who are planning to attend this event do not need to call Southwest Gas Energy Share Program or The Salvation Army ahead of time. However,the information line is available for any questions, just call (520)792-1111.
55 minutes ago