National

Sep 1, 2013 11:08 AM by Associated Press

Request to separate Naval Academy cases denied

WASHINGTON (AP) - Two U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen who are accused of sexually assaulting a student have been denied requests to separate their cases from a joint proceeding.

Attorneys for midshipmen Tra'ves Bush and Eric Graham said during a military hearing on Sunday that their requests had been denied by academy officials.

Bush, Graham and midshipman Josh Tate are attending a hearing to determine whether they will face a court-martial.

Bush's lawyers have already cross-examined the alleged victim.

Cross-examination by Graham's lawyers continued Sunday.

Lawyers for Tate haven't yet had a chance to cross examiner her. The Article 32 hearing began Tuesday.

The three former Navy football players are charged with sexually assaulting the student at an off-campus party in April 2012.

She's now a senior at the academy and says she doesn't remember having sex with the men.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4