Oct 8, 2013 8:03 PM by Brian White
Powerful fall storm headed to Tucson
TUCSON - A powerful autumnal storm is blowing towards Tucson.
The effects are expected to be felt beginning Wednesday, News 4 Tucson meteorologist Matt Brode said.
Here are the main points of what to expect:
- Blowing dust and wind advisory begins tomorrow. SW winds 25-35 mph with gusts to 50 mph possible in exposed areas
- Chance (slight) of showers late Wednesday night and especially into Thursday morning
- Coldest system of the season. Snow level drops to 9000' early Thursday morning and perhaps to 8000' late Thursday once the front passes through
- White Mts. Could see 1-2" of snow and the Catalina's *could* see a dusting to 1" - but this system isn't too moist
- Thursday's high will be ~74 - coolest highs we've seen since last April