Local

Mar 30, 2014 11:18 AM by Scott Oathout

Oil candle starts fire in midtown home

TUCSON- An accidentally knocked over oil candle, lit a mattress on fire and burnt a house in midtown late Saturday night.

Tucson Fire Captain Chris Jurvig says multiple 9-1-1 calls were received just after 10 p.m. reporting a house fire in the 4700 block of East Bellevue Street.

The first engine on scene found flames coming out of the front windows and 50 percent of the home on fire.

A ladder company cut a hole in the roof, helping firefighters knock down the fire in 14 minutes.

Jurvig says only one occupant lives in the house and was uninjured in the fire.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4