Feb 26, 2013 4:39 PM
"News 4 Tucson Fan of the Day" Contest
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter nor does any purchase improve an entrant's chance of winning. Contest begins on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time and runs through Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time/MST (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor clock will be the official timepiece of the Contest. (*Note: The Tucson/Sierra Vista Designated Market Area/DMA will convert to Pacific Standard Time/PST at 2am on Sunday, March 10, 2013 then convert back to MST at 2am on Sunday, November 3, 2013.) To participate, entrants must have a FACEBOOK page in their own name or sign up for one when prompted. To enter the contest the user must "like" the News 4 Tucson Facebook page and completely fill out the official contest entry form and "Like" any additional sponsor Facebook pages when prompted. All entries submitted become the sole property of the KVOA-TV/News 4 Tucson and will not be returned. Use of any mechanical device to automate entry is prohibited.
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant/Facebook account allowed. Entrants may submit a 3x5 card with their name, age, address, telephone number and email address(required) to the NEWS 4 TUCSON FAN OF THE DAY CONTEST, KVOA-TV, 209 West Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705 or by mailing their entries to "NEWS 4 TUCSON FAN OF THE DAY CONTEST" Box 5188, Tucson, AZ 85703.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Every Monday through Friday during the contest period, one (1) "winning name" will be selected at random from all qualified entries. This entry will be deemed a "daily winner". Each winning name will be displayed on the official "News 4 Tucson Fan of the Day" contest page at www.kvoa.com. All prizes awarded must be claimed/picked up at KVOA-TV Studios within thirty (30) calendar days of the winning name being posted at www.kvoa.com. There will be 1 (one) winning name displayed each weekday during the contest period. Each entrant/email address/Facebook account will only be allowed to win 1 (one) time every thirty (30) calendar days.
4. PRIZES: The daily prizes awarded during the contest period will vary from week to week. The value of each prize will vary from $5-$100 per day. KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute cash, or a prize of equal or greater value, in place of the announced weekly prize.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Tucson/Sierra Vista, AZ Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and possess a valid I.D. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KVOA-TV ("Sponsor") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this Contest.
b. Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
c. KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. KVOA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office. Entrants further grant to KVOA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and
state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. KVOA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
d. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyrighted by KVOA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
e. KVOA-TV is not responsible for undelivered entries to the contest for any reason including, but not limited to, computer problems, connectivity problems, online/email filtering and/or unintentionally destruction.
f. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. KVOA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
Only one (1) prize per household or email address per thirty (30) calendar days will be awarded during the contest period.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
7. CONTEST RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available at www.kvoa.com.
8. SPONSORS: Contest is sponsored by KVOA-TV, 209 W. Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Arizona law, excluding choice of law provisions.
6 hours ago