Oct 5, 2012 3:26 PM by Ian Cross
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson Cooks at Noon, Chef Paul Wells from Savoy Opera House stopped by to make:
El Corral's Tamale Pie
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
4/5 tbsp baking soda
1 ¼ cup cornmeal
14.75 oz cream corn
1 ¼ cup roasted corn
1 ½ cup diced and roasted green chilies
1 lbs cheddar cheese
1. Blend the first three ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine the next three ingredients until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Next combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture and blend until thoroughly mixed.
4. Pour mixture into a 7" X 11"X 2" oven safe greased pan.
5. Sprinkle tops of panned mixture with cheese.
6. Bake for 50 minutes at 225 degrees F. until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
5 minutes ago