Aug 17, 2012 3:20 PM by Ian Cross
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Cooks at Noon, Chef Joe Tianno from Core Restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, stopped by to make a several signature dishes from his restaurant. Here are the recipes:
4lb Pork Belly
3lb kosher salt
3oz pink salt
1tbsp juniper berries
4 sprigs rosemary
2ea lime zest
5ea garlic clove
• Combine all the ingredients with 1lb of kosher salt in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
• Combine with the remaining kosher salt and store in a airtight container
• Apply the cure; 5% of the weight of the pork belly and cure for 7 days.
• Rinse the pork belly & cryovac. Cook sous vide for 18 hours at 85C
4lb pork loin
5cups kosher salt
4cups brown sugar
1 head garlic
0.25cup black peppercorn
2oz pink salt
1ea green apple
0.25cup coriander seeds
• Combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes cool & strain.
• Place the pork loin in the brine for 24hours.
• Sear the pork loin and roast in a 350F oven to a internal temperature of 125F.
Cranberry Beans & Peach - Arugula Salad
1lb cranberry beans, cleaned
6ea yellow peaches
12oz baby wild arugula
Extra virgin olive oil
• Clean the cranberry beans. Place in a pot with water, garlic, rosemary and cook until tender. Season with salt & pepper once cooked
• Cut the peaches in half & grill. Cut in to wedges. Combine with arugula & toss with extra virgin olive oil salt, pepper.
Grain Mustard Sauce
1gl pork stock
1ea yellow onion, large dice
1ea carrot, large dice
2 stems celery, large dice
1tbsp tomato paste
2oz port wine
2oz apple cider vinegar
2tbsp grain mustard
• Heat a pan with oil. Add the onion, carrot, celery & roast. Add tomato paste and roast.
• Deglaze with port wine. Add the pork stock, thyme, apple cider vinegar.
• Reduce to a sauce consistency. Strain to a chinois.
• Finish with grain mustard & butter.
58 minutes ago