Dec 7, 2012 2:20 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Cooks at Noon, Mat Snapp, Master Mixologist for Fox Restaurant Concepts, stopped by and whipped up a holiday cocktail. Here's the recipe:
Aka Shut Up and Kiss me
0.5oz Lemon Juice
1oz Chai Concentrate
1oz Cranberry Juice
0.5oz Simple Syrup
1.5oz White Rum
Shake and Dump
Garnish: Cranberries, Lemon Wheels
Happy Holidays everyone.
The goal for great holiday party success is to work
hard getting ready for the party and then be able to
enjoy your own fesUviUes without having to "work"
This is why a bowl full of punch is a great and easy
way to serve great cocktails without shaking,
cleaning, garnishing, each individual one. In
planning ahead, figure 2 glasses of punch per guest.
Here are a few Ups:
1. Use only fresh fruit, juices, etc.
2. Keep all your ingredients cold before mixing.
3. Don't mix too far in advance, the citrus juices will
pull your punch out of balance
4. If you're being ultra tradiUonal about it, you'll
want to get your oleo saccharum ready 2-3 hours
before mixing your punch.
5. If you read that and said "Oleo what now?" Then
you can mix anyUme before your guests arrive.
6. This recipe doesn't call for a lot of prep - so spend
extra Ume making sure that your beer is cold.
7. Use big ice. If you're making your own, clean a
brownie pan and freeze bobled water in a large
square. No need for tap water to throw your
cocktail out of balance!
8. Enjoy yourself. That's the point, aeer all.
34 oz Lemon Juice
68 oz Chai Concentrate (appx 2 boxes)
68 oz Cranberry Juice (buy 2 half gallons)
34 oz Simple Syrup (4 bottles!)
102 oz White Rum
1 Add rum last
2 use a whisk to mix ingredients together
3 make sure your serving bowl holds 2 gallons
4 drink. Enjoy. Repeat.
1 hour ago