Posted: Feb 25, 2013 2:43 AM by Associated Press
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan says NATO has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province.
German Gen. Gunter Katz said on Monday that the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans.
Katz's comments come a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all U.S. special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks because of allegations that Afghans working with them are torturing and abusing other Afghans.
Katz says that ISAF cannot comment until NATO meets to discuss the issue with the Afghan government.
Sunday's order seems to have surprised both NATO and U.S. Forces Afghanistan, a separate command.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories