Apr 16, 2012 6:19 AM
PHOENIX (AP) - The mother of an Arizona baby missing for more than two years is set for a court appearance on Monday.
Twenty-five-year-old Elizabeth Johnson has pleaded not guilty to charges of child abuse, kidnapping and custodial interference in the case of her missing son, 8-month-old Gabriel.
Johnson has been jailed without bond since January 2010, a month after her son disappeared in Texas.
Johnson first said she smothered her Gabriel and put him in the trash. She later recanted and said she gave the baby to a couple in San Antonio, Texas.
The baby has never been found and police still don't know if he's dead or alive.
Johnson had been declared mentally unfit for trial but a psychologist said in December that she is now competent.