Posted: Nov 3, 2012 12:14 PM by Scott Oathout
Updated: Nov 3, 2012 1:48 PM
TUCSON- An elderly couple was displaced from a mobile home fire in the Friendly Village mobile home park near North Oracle Road and West River Road Saturday.
Northwest Fire spokesman Adam Goldberg said a double-wide trailer was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.
Goldberg said the fire was an accident, caused by an electrical short.
It caused $40,000 in damages.
Goldberg said a Chihuahua, a cat and a bird died in the fire.
But another cat and dog survived.
The Red Cross is helping the couple.
Tucson Fire Department and Golder Ranch Fire also responded to this incident.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More