Posted: Oct 17, 2012 1:38 PM by Ian Cross
Updated: Oct 17, 2012 3:46 PM
TUCSON - A mobile home fire this morning in Marana is believed to have been started by a wooden chimney flue inside the trailer.
Units from the Avra Valley Fire District responded to the 17000 block area of Red Rock Road after a neighbor called 911 reporting that a single-wide mobile home was smoking, according to a news release from the fire district. Firefighters arrived to find the resident inside the doorway of the home, trying to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.
The firefighters found the fire in the ceiling space of the mobile home and pulled sections of the ceiling down to extinguish the fire, the release states. It took 10 firefighters about 22 minutes to bring the fire under control.
The resident did not sustain injuries in the fire, and damage is estimated to be about $10,000. The fire is believed to have been started by a wooden chimney flue inside the trailer, the release states.
"This is fire is an important reminder to start checking your chimney flue's and making sure they are clean since we are coming into the cold winter season in Tucson," AVFD officials state in the release.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More