Posted: Jan 5, 2010 1:35 PM
Updated: Jan 5, 2010 1:35 PM
WILLCOX- Two female students at Willcox High School were found to have mercury.
The school's Superintendent Dr. Richard Rundhaug says the students were isolated and the rooms where the mercury was found was evacuated.
Students and staff were no longer allowed in those rooms and a hazmat team was brought in to inspect and test the area.
If necessary, the rooms will be decontaminated by Southwest Hazard.
Rundhaug believes that the girls did not have any malicious intent. He thinks they brought it from home getting it out of the thermometers. He says they were playing with it, not realizing the danger.
He has asked the parents of both girls to have them checked out at the ER for their own safety
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More