Posted: May 15, 2012 8:40 AM
Updated: May 15, 2012 8:43 AM
TUCSON - A Tucson Fire crew extinguished a mattress that caught fire in a midtown apartment this morning after a neighbor reported seeing smoke.
The fire crew was dispatched at 6:49 a.m. and arrived at the scene at the 400 block of West Kelso Street at 6:53 a.m., according to a news release from Tucson Fire. The unit forced entry into the apartment, found a mattress smoldering in the bedroom and extinguished it.
The cause of the fire was determined to be abandoned smoking materials, the release states. No one was home at the time of the fire, although three dogs were home, but were not injured. Two adults and three dogs have been displaced, and the total damage is estimated at $3,000.
Below is a Google Map showing the approximate location of the fire.
View Larger Map
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More