Posted: Jan 12, 2012 3:08 PM
Updated: Jan 25, 2012 1:39 PM
TUCSON - We saw a lot of trendy plastic surgery options last year, from thread lifts to stem cell procedures. So, what's in, what's out, and what's new for 2012?
Plastic surgeon Dr. Gwen Maxwell stopped by the News 4 Tucson studios to talk about just that.
What's out? Dr. Maxwell says:
• Silicone Injections
• Conscious Sedation (instead of general)
• Thread Lifts (not too beneficial, unpredictable)
• Laser Liposuction (risk of burns, scarring and irregular fat distribution)
• Mesotherapy (irregular/lumpy results)
What's in? She says:
• Traditional Liposuction
• Ablative & Fractionated Laser Resurfacing (pictured above)
• Neck Lifts (pictured above)
• Neurotoxins and Hyaluronic Acid Injections
What's new this year? According to Dr. Maxwell:
- Cool Sculpting
- Stem Cell Procedures
For details on all these procedures, check out the video above.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More